FTTx OLT/ODN Design and Survey
We offer the following services to our Esteemed Clients across globe in Telecom Sector
Today, users consume data and take advantage of mobility, broadband and cloud services as never before. Their relatively newfound ability to get things done on the go makes their lives easier, and their needs are what matter most to operators.
Increasingly, consumers expect their operators to be able to answer questions quickly and anticipate their needs. Consumers want to determine when and where they use particular services, and to be charged accordingly.
So what makes a consumer choose and stay with a particular operator? Or, put another way, what does an operator need to do to make itself an attractive service provider and make a success of its business?
This is where OSS and BSS come in, and where consumer and operator needs meet. The beauty of OSS and BSS is that they are designed to ensure that users’ demands are met in a way that automatically fulfills some of the most important goals that operators have.
For example, OSS and BSS enable users to make their own choices, be more in control of their spending and benefit from personalized services and subscriber plans.
Operators, meanwhile, benefit from a complete, end-to-end overview and real-time control of their customers, their networks, their services and the performance of their businesses. In this way, they can have the answers ready before the user even calls customer support, because today’s consumers don’t want to wait.
By offering their consumers exactly what they want, operators can build customer and brand loyalty, and attract new subscribers.
Similarly, systems designed to fulfill operator goals also benefit users. For example, systems that increase operational efficiency by optimizing and automating networks support the provision of seamless, hassle-free services for users.
In short, OSS and BSS help operators run their networks – and hence their businesses – in an optimal manner, while simultaneously creating a better user experience and meeting consumer needs.
Network Engineer is a scalable, GIS-based network management system that helps you efficiently plan, design, maintain and document ongoing changes to your inside and outside plant facilities. So you can streamline work order management and accurately track all of your moving pieces, from cabling to equipment. Unistal is involved in carrying out the FTTH Role out (Design and Planning of FTTX Network) using the Network Engineer.
- Rule Base Creation
- Rule base can be created based on the following inputs
- System study
- Work shop which may be conducted by Unistal Technical team and the client SME’s
- Business Flow
- Expectation from the new system
- FDS Creation
- FDS( Functional Design Specification) document can be prepared or created based on the Rule base created, however this will also include more details as well as based on the document we can configure the target platform which may be Network Engineer
- DMS Creation
OSP Data Conversion & Migration
The System Configuration Includes:
- Database Creation and Configuration: Making the Client Data compatible to Target System
- Defining Classes& Categories : Defining additional classes which are specific to the client to map the data into the target system
- Attribute value & Domain Definitions: Maintain integrity of Client Data model in the Target System.
- Setting up Rules (Generic or Client Specific) : These are additional to the target system to maintain the integrity of clients legacy data.
- Symbology: To visualize the data in GIS system and on the field.
- Labeling : To identify the features and the data linked to the feature
- Model Building: Creation of Model of Network elements based on the data available in the client system to have its real representation in the target system.
- Model mapping : Mapping the network elements available with client to the models created in the target system
- Field Mapping : Mapping of Clients System Fields to the Target System fields
- Work Order life cycle: To map the actual work order life cycle followed by the client in real environment.
- Creation of users and defining their roles : To have a control on the data for different users based on the type of their activity.
- Template creation for plotting of layouts: To have the printouts which can be taken to the field survey/updates.
We do have an experience in conversion & Migration of Telco data which may be available or staying in different formats/sources.
- Conversion from different Sources With our past experience of handling different Telecom Projects we know that the telecom data exists in many different formats like AutoCAD files, Micro-station files, Pdf's, Xls or may be some database. To bring this data on a single platform we require its conversion in the target platform format.
- Migration of Data into Target Platform The converted data is then migrated into the target system keeping all the rules and database requirements into considerations.
- Connectivity( Simple & Ring Connectivity) Connectivity brings life to the telecom data. The network is said live when its elements are connected to each other and a trace can run on it either Upstream or Downstream. This connectivity is created between Trans-media to trans-media, Equipment to Trans-media, vice versa.
- Ring Formation Ring Network is a circular pattern of fiber optic cables typically localized to transmit data and information at very high speeds over a short distance within a specific region.
Span Cross section view
Shows Duct Space Utilization in trench
Manhole Layout Views
Duct/trans-media Utilization on Manhole walls.
CDF View (Central Office): ISP of CDF
shows Rack, Chassis, Slot, Plug-in
For any network, build, removal, or rearrangement, it provides time and material costing, bills of material, work task timing, sequencing and assignment, a way to record field notes, rights-of-way, acceptance criteria, approvals at various project stages, and as-built
details of the completed work. Unistal does have ample experience of implementing the work order online where Client does not have to do any work like conversion or migration. This can be done by giving any kind of connectivity to the server and allocation different users and passwords for the users required. Different Work order with different inventory statuses can be created and finalized in the final database server. Only Client does have to share his source data which may be “PDF” , XLS file, Job Order. The source data can be shared by the client, this way the security of the data can also be maintained.
- Planning Work Order
- Release to Construction
- Design Complete Work Order
- Design Work Order
The telecommunications has matured to offer network convergence and enable the revolution of consumer media device interaction. The ageing copper access infrastructure in residential and business locations is unable to meet the demand of increase in bandwidth for several applications. These demands can only be met by the deeper penetration of optical fiber in Access network and increasing deployment of Fiber to the Home (FTTH). As a result FTTH is the fast growing global broadband technology with significant deployments World-Wide
The development of single mode optical fiber, with its nearly unlimited bandwidth has unlocked the possibilities for massive deployment of long Haul and access fiber networks, resulting in three important changes.
- Huge Capacity increase
- Substantial cost reductions in equipment, operations and maintenance
- Significantly improved quality of service
- Unrestricted-Bandwidth, Distance and Coverage , Upgrade
Unistal is involved in projects in which it is responsible for designing the entire ODN for FTTx. (Fiber Network to the home). The Optical Distribution Network (ODN) design cover a comprehensive and customized network design, which includes capacity, resources etc. which helps Customer to design the FTTx network in a more economic and reliable way, we are also responsible for consistent and optimized designs of the FTTx Network for Client. It is ensuring that all the plans and designs are delivered in soft-file in the format specified by Client following the rules required to plan ODN in target platform. Planning & designing of FTTx Network has been done in Network Engineer.
This Starts from the Enode B/OLT till the End Consumer level.
Validation of Planned Design: The Design is validated on the basis of KPI set by the client, like percentage of PON fill factor (>X%) and Customer Fill Factor(>Y%). If the KPI are not achieved in the design, it is again refined to achieve the target KPI.
The following are the sub processes carried by Unistal in order to create a ODN Plan for a unit area set by the client.
- Clustering of Building’s based on Consumer Counts
- Splitter/Equipment Staging
- Feeder Ring Planning using Existing routes/Sites based on the consumers available and to be connected
- Distribution Routing for optimum utilization of network resources and technical feasibility
- Placement of Infrastructure & Telco Features based on the planning carried out in above steps
- Clustering of S1 & S2 Splitters based on the capacity of the equipment and consumers getting feed from them.
- Core Assignment Feeder & Distribution Plans
- Distribution & Drop Cable Consideration
- Feeder Path Diagram & Feeder Cable Consideration
- Preparation of BOQ and BOM
- Preparation of Splice Plan
- Calculation of KPI, PON fill factor, Customer fill factor
In General Following deliverables were created from the planned ODN in aFTTx Network
- CIVIL Plan
- ODN Plan
- BOQ is an itemized list of materials, parts, and labor (with their costs) required to construct, maintain, or repair a specific structure.
- Splice Plan
- This is actually port allocation report. It contains record of every utilized port or fiber in an ODN with a unique ID associated to it.