Electronic Document Management System (EDMS)
Effective knowledge and information sharing is vital to any organization. Content management solutions are intended to help businesses manage and distribute information faster and more efficiently.
Research shows that in any business 98 per cent of the documents are stored and archived for future reference after their current utility ends. Large spaces are required for storage of these documents, wasting valuable space.
Unistal's document management solution handles documents by electronically storing, organizing, indexing and filing. They can be retrieved as & when required on a click of a button, without any loss of time.
- User can accesses unstructured data in the form of documents present in your organization and store them in a structured form.
- User can access any documents to his desktop and enables him to work with them, eliminating the need for paper-based documents.
- It is a powerful document archival system, which ensures safety of documents, faster access to them and huge cost savings.
The EDMS have two different modules of operation
- User Management : Create / Update / Delete users.
- Folder Management : Create / Update / Delete folders.
- Access Management : Assign different access rights to different folders.
- Department / Work Area Management : Create / Update / Delete department or division or work area.
- Document Scanning:
It supports centralized and distributed scanning in immediate and batch mode. It also supports policy basedupload and Web-scanning.
It integrates tightly with MS-Office application through connectors so that documents can be directly archived from MS-Office applications into Provides file import services for bulk import ofdocuments. It gets easily integrated with various standard FAX servers and supports HTTP and FTP based document upload. should supports both online and offline document acquisition.
It supports both server side and client side integration for email archival. Supports policy based archival of all the mails received or sent through a mail client to the DMS repository or a folder scheduled for capture.
It provides a central repository to archive high volume of documents that can be accessed andshared between multiple users, locations or the entire enterprise. Different document types and content are archived through rights based archival.
- Document Management: It provides basic library services including check-in/check-out.
- Document Versioning : It maintain different versions of the document
- Retention Policy : Administrator is be able to set user wise/department wise retention policy.
- Document Indexing & Processing: Centralized indexing and post branch scanning along with Maker-Checker scenario for document processing.
- Enterprise Search: It should exhaustive document and folder searches on date, indexes and general parameters aswell as full text search on image and electronic documents.
- OCR Engine : Metadata of the scanned document need to be automatically stored towards early search using OCR engine.
- Viewer : All standard features through web interface. Supports viewing image documents through an inbuiltImage Viewer Applet.
- Document Scanning: